Three easy summer snacks that can also double up as poolside snacks for
your next pool party
There is hardly anything more relaxing than lounging by the pool on a hot, summer day. With the changing of seasons, summer snacks, as well as easy poolside snacks, are a big hit. Poolside snacks are an especially important part of summer snacks because we always tend to work up our appetite after taking a dip in the pool. With the gradual opening up of pools and beaches, day trips are going to be a common affair and staying out in the sun is sure to make us hungry. Let’s go over these light, easy summer snacks, which can also double up poolside snacks.
To sort out your summer plans, here are three easy summer and poolside snacks. We recommend them because they are relatively healthy summer snacks that are not filled with unhealthy or greasy ingredients.
Moringa Basil Pesto
This dish’s sauce preparation is one of the easiest summer snacks that can also be served as a poolside snack with a side of choice. It can also be enjoyed with either zucchini noodles or whole wheat pasta for a hearty summer snack.
- ½ cup fresh moringa leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Handful fresh parsley
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan, as per taste
- Add all ingredients, except olive oil, to a food processor.
- Process until everything is well-minced and blended.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil until well-blended.
- Pour in a bowl and cover tightly. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow to reach room temperature before using.
- Mix with zucchini noodles or whole wheat pasta and roasted veggies for a delicious but easy summer snack.
Moringa Artichoke Dip
One of the most delicious and healthy summer snacks that is also perfect as a poolside snack—this moringa artichoke dip tastes best with pita chips or carrot sticks.
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Diced artichoke hearts
- 1 ½ chopped onions
- 2-3 crushed garlic cloves
- Handful of fresh dill
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Handful of fresh moringa leaves
- For the base, mix in the sour cream and mayonnaise, ensure it is well-blended
- Add the artichoke, dill, onions, garlic and moringa. Mix well.
- Serve chilled with a side of choice.
Nothing says summer snacks quite as well as an ice-cream. Try this unique moringa ice-cream that is also healthy so you don’t have to feel guilty. This one is sure to be a hit as a poolside snack.
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk (13.5-ounce can)
- 1/4 cup organic granular sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons organic moringa powder
- Add all the ingredients for the ice cream mixture to a food processor and blend until it is well combined and smooth.
- Adjust sweetener to your preference.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker or a tray and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with condiments of choice.