Are you bored of cooking the same meals every day? Here are some interesting summer dinner ideas for you.
With long days and so many fresh and flavorful ingredients, isn’t summer the best time to cook? There’s nothing better than enjoying a delicious meal on a summer evening with your friends and family. But are you tired of cooking the same recipes on repeat? We’ve compiled some of the best summer dinner ideas for you. All of these recipes rely on seasonal produce, so they’re fresh, healthy, and easy to make.
Greek Pasta Salad
This healthy Greek salad is a classic summer dinner idea. It’s loaded with fresh Mediterranean produce and flavors. It has delicious olives combined with fresh tomatoes and crunchy cucumbers. And to make it extra yummy, we have combined this healthy salad with pasta.
- 2 cups pasta of your choice
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup moringa leaves
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup olives, pitted and chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook your pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and transfer it to a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano and garlic powder to make the salad dressing.
- Take a large bowl and add cucumbers, tomatoes, moringa leaves, olives and onions.
- Add dressing and toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper and add dill, then top with feta.
Health benefits: This fresh and tasty pasta salad is full of healthy ingredients and is rich in antioxidants.
- Olive oil contains healthy fatty acids and is loaded with powerful antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Moringa leaves help combat oxidative stress as it helps to fight free radicals. It may also help in lowering blood sugar levels.
- Feta cheese has fewer calories than some other varieties of cheese like parmesan or cheddar. It is a very good source of vitamin B, calcium and phosphorus.
- Fresh vegetables contain a lot of fiber and are very good for your gut. This salad is perfect for summers as the vegetables used in this salad are rich in water.
Are you searching for an easy Mexican summer dinner idea? Then, give this recipe a try. We are sure that these scrumptious, low-carb quesadillas will become your favorite.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 large flour tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup moringa leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Take a large bowl and mix cauliflower, olive oil, coriander and cumin. Spread this mixture on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake it for about 30 minutes in the center of the oven, stirring halfway through, until the edges are golden.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium flame. Spray the pan with oil.
- Lay one tortilla in the pan.
- Mix the cheeses together.
- Scatter three tablespoons of cheese mixture, ¼ portion cauliflower, some spinach, moringa leaves and add some more cheese mixture over half of the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla to enclose filling. Cook each side for 2 minutes.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with salsa.
Health benefits: These cauliflower quesadillas are delicious, and very healthy.
- Cauliflower is very low in calories yet high in vitamins. It contains a high amount of fiber, which is important for digestive health and may reduce the risk of several chronic diseases.
- Spinach is low in carbohydrates but high in insoluble fiber. It also packs high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron and calcium.
- Cheese: We all know that cheese can make any dish tasty. But, did you know that it has a lot of health benefits as well? Cheese is a rich source of calcium, fat, and protein. It also contains high amounts of vitamins A and B-12, along with zinc, phosphorus, and riboflavin.
This quick and easy gluten-free, grain-free meal is one of the best summer dinner ideas. With simple and fresh summer ingredients, this is one of the easiest and yummiest dishes ever.
- 2 zucchinis, rinsed and spiralized with the skin left on
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup moringa powder
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls, halved
- ½ cup black olives, halved
- Olive oil
- 4-5 tablespoons basil pesto
- Using a spiralizer, create zoodles out of zucchini.
- Add zoodles to a large bowl, toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let them marinate for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mozzarella, olives and moringa to zoodles. Then add pesto and mix until combined.
- Drizzle some more olive oil and serve this delicious dish.
Health benefits: This gluten-free, grain-free and vegetarian meal is super tasty and loaded with antioxidants. It is one of the best summer dinner ideas as it is easy to digest and is great for your overall health.
- Zucchini is a very good source of vitamin A and is packed with It is also rich in water and contains both soluble and insoluble fibers, therefore, it can help boost your digestion and help reduce cholesterol.
- Tomatoes are mostly made up of water and are low in carbs. Tomatoes are a very good source of vitamin C and folate as well. They help promote tissue growth and cell function. They are also good for your skin.