These delicious protein energy balls are packed with nutrition and take just minutes to make
Who doesn’t love an afternoon treat? If you want a healthy snack that is filling and tastes like an indulgence, energy balls are for you. They are healthy, delicious and super easy to make. If you are guilty of binging on unhealthy snacks, protein energy balls can be a great alternative. Our protein energy ball recipes are simple, quick and loaded with nutrition. They are perfect as a pre or post-workout snack or an energy booster in the middle of the afternoon. All the recipes include moringa, which is a complete protein and a powerhouse of antioxidants. Some of the benefits of this superfood are:
- Moringa is a complete plant protein as it contains all 18 amino acids including, the nine essential amino acids that our body can't produce. These proteins are crucial for various functions like muscle-building.
- According to a 2015 study conducted on rats, moringa can increase energy and endurance.
- Moringa also has potent anti-fatigue properties, so it can keep you charged throughout the day. It can improve blood hemoglobin and glycogen reserves during physical activity and reduce triglycerides, urea and lactic acid.
Moringa and Oatmeal Energy Balls
With protein-packed ingredients like moringa, peanut butter and chia seeds, these energy balls are one of the healthiest snack options.
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup moringa powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup raisins and chocolate chips
- 2–4 tablespoon almond milk
- Take a large bowl. Add oats, moringa powder, cinnamon and chia seeds to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add in peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Now, add in raisins and chocolate chips. Combine everything well. The mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Add one tablespoon almond milk and use your hands to knead the mixture.
- Once everything is well combined, roll the mixture into balls.
- Transfer the protein energy balls into a container and set them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Moringa and Almond Protein Energy Balls
These delicious protein energy balls will satisfy your sweet cravings without all of the extra sugar and calories. These energy balls taste so good that you can even enjoy them as a dessert.
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 scoops of moringa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add oats, almond butter, honey, moringa powder and shredded coconut in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Keep mixing until the mixture starts combining.
- Once combined, use your hands or a small cookie scoop to scoop and form the dough into balls.
- Store in a covered container in the fridge or freezer.
Mint and Moringa Protein Energy Balls
With these protein energy balls, you can leave your dessert guilt at the door. The energy balls are loaded with cashews and moringa powder, which feed your muscles and the crispy rice cereal, peppermint extract and chocolate chips delight your taste buds.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup chocolate crispy rice cereal
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons moringa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon water or almond milk
- Add dates, crispy rice cereal, moringa powder, cashews, chocolate chips, peppermint extract and water (or almond milk) into a food processor and process until combined.
- A large ball of dough will likely form.
- Separate the dough, add remaining rice cereal and pulse until just combined.
- Scoop about one tablespoon of dough at a time and roll into small balls.
- Transfer them to a container and place them in the fridge until ready to enjoy.